Who doesn't love a good old southern classic fried pickle? The bite of the pickle surrounded by a crispy coating can't be beat. They're wonderful as a side dish or atop veggie burgers. These are great served with a vegan ranch or vegan honey mustard dressing as an appetizer as well. These classics are veganized and made gluten free in this fast and easy recipe.
- 2 cups pickle slices
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend I like Bob's Red Mill for this recipe
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat your oven to 475°F.
- In a small bowl, mix flour blend and spices.
- Place pickles in a larger bowl and begin sprinkling with flour and spice blend. Toss to coat well. Allow pickles to sit for ten minutes.
- Spread pickles out on a Silpat silicone mat or parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy, flipping over once.