You have no items in your shopping cart.
Tofu scramble is our Wednesday night breakfast for dinner go to meal. We also tend to fall back on the scramble when we have no idea what to cook. It's healthy, quick, easy and very customizable to your taste. All you need is a block of tofu, some vegetables, and a few spices and you have a complete and nutritionally sound meal ready in under a half hour.
- 1 tofu block, extra firm, lightly pressed
- 1-2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch of black salt optional, but if you like "egg" taste, this is key, kala namak
- 1 pint sliced white mushrooms
- 12 medium brussels sprouts
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 white potatoes
- Preheat a large skillet on medium high heat. Preheat your oven to 500°F.
- Meanwhile, par cook your potatoes in your microwave. You can also bake or boil. Do not cook all the way through. You want them almost done, but still firm enough to cube. Once cooked and cubed, roast your potatoes in the oven for approximately 10 minutes or until brown and crispy. At the same time, steam, boil or roast your brussels sprouts.
- Crumble tofu in skillet and add all of your spices and nutritional yeast. Saute for about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms. Continue cooking until mushrooms are soft. Add spinach and brussels sprouts, allowing spinach to wilt into scramble, mixing well. Toss in your potatoes.
- Serve scramble as is, or top with diced tomato, avocado, hot sauce, or any garnish you wish.