Spirulina Smoothie Bowl
The spirulina in this smoothie bowl is a wonderful source of vegan Omegas. In addition, the turmeric is wonderful after a workout for recovery, as it has anti-inflammatory properties. The protein is noted as an optional ingredient, but if you are enjoying this bowl post workout, coupled with the carbohydrates in the banana and strawberry, it is great for muscle recovery.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XgKYIkZqPNE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
- 10 oz almond milk or plant milk of choice
- 1 in banana frozen and in chunks
- 1/4 cup strawberries frozen
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1.5 tbsp carob powder
- 1 tbsp spirulina powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Toppings of choice
- Add everything except your toppings to your bullet blender, or regular blender.
- Blend well until smooth. Pour into a bowl and top with whatever you like.
Some great choices include crunch dried bananas, freeze dried fruits, chocolate chips or cacao nibs, hemp seeds, honey free/no sugar added granola, chopped up dates, and nut butter.