Rice pudding is an excellent healthy dessert to whip up when you find yourself with leftover rice. This pudding has a simple ingredients list, and is quite cheap to make. Sweetened only with maple syrup, you'll find this dessert easy on the waistline as well. The optional addition of allspice really kicks the warm spiciness of this pudding up a notch. Rice pudding can be enjoyed warm, or chilled and served cold. It's wonderful topped with whipped sweetened coconut cream.
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup rice cooked
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp allspice optional
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract pure
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- In a medium saucepan, add the milk, cooked rice, spices, vanilla, and maple syrup and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer on low heat about 15-20 minutes or until pudding thickens to desired consistency, stirring occasionally.
- Refrigerate until firm, or serve warm.