You have no items in your shopping cart.
Raw Guacamole Flax & Chia Crackers
This nutritious and easy spin on the standard raw flax cracker adds the taste of guacamole with avocado, garlic, cilantro, onion, and jalapeno, with the added extra protein and nutrition punch of chia seeds.
- 1/2 cup whole flax seeds
- 1/2 cup chia seeds white or black are fine
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 medium clove garlic minced (or 1/2 tbsp. garlic powder)
- 1 tbsp onion powder (you can use finely minced fresh onion here but powder distributes better)
- 1/2 jalapeno finely minced or 1tsp. jalapeno powder
- 3 tbsp cilantro finely chopped, or 1 1/2 tbsp. dried
- 1 tbsp freshly ground smoked sea salt
- 2 tbsp Braggs liquid aminos if you don't have this just add extra salt to taste but it makes a difference
- 1 1/2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 large avocado
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl, finely mashing the avocado with a fork to evenly distribute.
- Allow to sit for one hour, tightly covered, with plastic wrap directly on top so your avocado doesn't brown.
- Spread out thinly on your dehydrator's plastic mat, or a parchment/silicone mat lined baking sheet. You want the mixture spread about 2 seeds "high" and not so thin that it "breaks apart."
- If using your dehydrator, load your prepared mats into the dehydrator and turn on 160°F for approximately 2 to 3 hours. I like to start checking after 1 hour and flip over, if possible. This isn't necessary. They are ready when completely crisp.
- If you're using your oven, turn on your lowest setting, which is probably 200°F and place cookie sheet in center of oven for approximately 2 hours, but again, keep an eye on them and you will probably want to flip them unless you have a convection oven.