You have no items in your shopping cart.
Lemon Fennel Soup
You will love the freshness of this healthy vegan Lemon Fennel Soup!
- 50 ml olive oil
- 3 large springs onions chopped
- 250 g fennel bulb cored and sliced into thin slices
- 1 potato diced
- 1 lemon rind finely grated, with its juice
- 1.8 l vegetable stock
- 1 small garlic clove finely chopped
- 1 lemon rind finely grated
- 4 tbsp parsley chopped
- 16 black olives pitted and chopped
- Heat the oil in a large broad base saucepan, add the chopped spring onions and cook for 5 minutes until a light brown.
- Add the potato, lemon rind, and fennel and cook for another 5 minutes until the fennel begins to soften. Pour in the vegetable stock while gently stirring and bring to boil.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes till ingredients are tender.
- In the meantime, make the Gremolata. Mix the chopped parsley, garlic, and lemon rind together and stir in the chopped olives into the mixture. Cover and chill.
- Mix the soup in a food processor and pass it through a sieve making sure it is not too thick. Increase more stock if necessary to give it the right consistency. Pour into the rinsed pan and warm. Season the soup as desired with pepper and lemon juice. Serve into warm bowls and sprinkle Gremolata into each, to be stirred in before eating. Serve with Mushroom Broccoli pie.