Healthy Multi Purpose Cookie Dough
This basic cookie dough can be used as a simple vanilla cookie, or as a base for anything you choose. Swirl some nut butter, mix in chocolate chips, nuts, sprinkles, oats, or even cereal! This dough can also be refrigerated until firm enough to roll into balls, then rolled in cinnamon and sugar. The only limit is your own imagination. This is a wonderful dough to have on hand for the upcoming holidays for work parties, family gatherings, or gifts.
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tbsp flax egg 1 ground flaxseed mixed with 3 tbsp. warm water
- pinch salt
- 1 1/4 cups flour Gluten Free Blend
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- Measure coconut oil and place into the refrigerator to firm up a bit.
- Next, make your flax egg and set aside to "gel." Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix your gluten free flour blend of choice with baking soda and a pinch of salt.
- Once your oil is firm, in a larger bowl, stir sugar and coconut oil well, then mix in the flax egg, and vanilla. You can use an electric mixer for this step, but a fork works just as well if you put in some elbow grease.
- Add dry mixture to wet, little by little, and mix until well combined. Stir in any additions that you prefer.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto your parchment lined cookie sheet. If you like flatter cookies, you can press them down a bit.
- Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes, or until lightly brown but still soft.
- Allow your cookies to cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes before removing to a plate.