You have no items in your shopping cart.
9 Ways You Can Use Your Mind To Lose Weight
Losing weight doesn’t come easily and it all starts in the mind. The mind influences our behaviors which lead to healthy eating because it gives you the motivation and stamina to eat right and get to exercise. There is so much that influences what we eat and what is around us so our minds have to make decisions on what to eat and when to eat. What type of exercise to engage in also is determined by our minds? Whatever the situation that we are in, our decisions go down to the perception of one’s self. Most people tend to overeat because of external factors such as family and friends, names, labels, lights, color, shapes, and even packaging and this makes one eat mindlessly without thinking about the food they are eating. Getting your mind right so that you can make healthy decisions on behalf of your body is very key, but it can be a difficult thing to do to keep your mind focused. It requires much commitment in all areas, despite the negative thoughts and energy you have or get from other people. It is still possible to eat what you want and still lose weight, but you need to change your mind setting. Changing your mind involves the following:
- Learn To Love And Appreciate Yourself Unconditionally. Most overweight people think that they don’t deserve any love or attention so they will not focus on losing weight. But when you love yourself, you will change how you view yourself and you will be able to focus on losing weight, focus on feeling healthy, energetic, and good and then the weight will start falling off. When you become proud of each step you take and achievements made then no matter how small, you will be strong, capable and confident to accomplish your goals.
- Know The Root Cause Most overweight people have an underlying cause which they are avoiding or running away from and they eat a lot of food so as to get comfortable. Issues such as child molestation, rape, the death of a loved one or depression will make one see themselves unworthy so eating too much food will not be a problem to them. Seeing a therapist is one way that you can use your mind so as to face the challenges and also change the notion that you should take food to be comfortable or forget your past.
- Be Clear And Realistic About What You Want As you set your goals, make sure they are achievable and write how you would want to achieve them. Write how you want to live your life concerning what you eat and how you exercise rather than writing what you see as ideal and this will make it easier for you to focus on losing weight.
- Quit The Quick Fix Mindset There is no solution that is a quick fix because all that you need to lose weight is a process. When you have set your mind that you will use a quick fix method to lose weight, then you will fail terribly. A quick fix will help you lose weight fast, but once you are done with the diet program, then your weight will come bouncing back and at times double. Make a decision to use the normal weight loss programs that are sustainable all through and you will lose weight gradually but it is sustainable.
- Overcoming Anxiety You need to overcome the fear of being fat because that is making you hide from the world as you become anxious what other people think about you. You need to remember that you are not the only fat person in the world and most of the fat people made it to their desired weight through making up their mind to shed weight. When you join a gym, you will receive negative energy from people who will discourage you, but instead of giving up, focus on your goal and this will lead to success.
- Change The Way You View Food Food is to be seen as a fuel, not as a way to comfort yourself. Eat food with the aim of giving your body energy and nourishing it rather than as a way of taking away depression or hurt. If you are depressed, then choose to do something else, such as exercising or even going to a movie rather than eating. Keep a journal so as to keep track of what triggers you to eat and this will make you conscious of them and you will be able to monitor your patterns.
- Get What Works For You Not every weight loss program is suitable for everyone so don’t bother copying other people's ideas. Learn to read the signals from your mind and body and then tune your body towards this direction. When your body is in tune with your mind you will know how to make changes according to how you feel rather than how you have to feel.
- Learn What To Eat And When Our bodies respond differently to various foods so be mindful of your food choices so that you know if they are helping you to lose weight. Eat healthy and balanced meals and learn to eat small portions. If you become hungry in between meals, chose to eat healthy versions of snacks instead of unhealthy ones and within some time the mind and taste buds will adjust and learn to enjoy the healthy options. Overcoming craving is not easy, so set your mind to have it at least once or twice a week but remain focused on healthy eating.
- Join A Group To Lose Weight It may hard to lose weight when you don’t have an accountability partner so choose to go to a gym or team up with a family member or friend who will help you in this journey. Get to talk about your weight loss struggle and also how you need to focus on losing weight.