You have no items in your shopping cart.
10 Things We Know But Tend To Keep Forgetting
The truth is, we all want to make it in life. We want to be successful, to live comfortably, gain financial freedom, and meet all our hearts desires. Deep down, we all want a perfect life. It is easy to get caught up in the rat race and then get disappointed when things don’t work out. The irony is, deep down, we know the right thing to do yet we so often forget and find ourselves distracted by life’s demands. Below are ten things you should strive never to forget.
- Success is never without failure Every successful person, has encountered failure and not once, or twice, but many times. Michael Jordan one of the world’s famous basketballers one time listed down all the failures he’s had while rising up in his career. He encourages others to keep at it because when you choose to get up, dust yourself and try again, eventually, you will succeed. Take every failed experience as a lesson. What did you learn not to do the next time you start a business? What did you learn worked well for you and so plan to keep doing?
- You cannot be always in control Call it fate, destiny or whatever you like, the reality is, you are not always in control. Everything that happens in your life is influenced by a sequence of factors. Learn how not to waste time, emotions and talents on things that are beyond your control. Instead, focus on you. Let in any positive influences that help you become a better person. Stay away from situations and people that cause you strife and when you have no choice than to be around them such as in a work setting, then focus on the work at hand and not on them. Remind yourself that you’re in control of your thoughts and behavior. Being vexed after all will not change the situation.
- Life is short It’s amazing how death brings out shock and disappointment in all of us, yet it’s the one thing that we’re all certain will happen. Sure we don’t know when or how but we all know that we’re not immortal; we will die. It is, therefore, important to live life to its fullest. Don’t let opportunities pass you by. Work hard to fulfill your hearts desires. You’re never too young or too old to learn something new, get that degree, start that dream job, work on getting that dream house, whatever it is your heart desires, pursue. Live your life to the fullest without fear of death to come. Know this, death is not the greatest loss you’ll ever experience. Allowing your dreams, desires, and aspirations to die inside of you, now that is the greatest loss.
- Do not mistake information for knowledge While it’s great to study and acquire as much information as possible through formal learning, that in itself doesn’t make you a knowledgeable person. It merely provides a philosophical standpoint on various subjects. Real knowledge is acquired through hands-on experiences in life. Don’t just be an expert on subjects such as business, live out these lessons. Try out those unconventional experiments, start that business and take a leap of faith and get into that relationship. Learn by living it.
- Just because you’re busy, doesn’t mean you’re productive More often than not, being busy creates an illusion of hard work. Unfortunately a majority of individuals who always tend to be super busy, rarely get any work done and when they do, their work is seldom quality work. If you find yourself too busy, slow down. Prioritize and make sure that every task you perform is done to perfection. You’d rather do less but do it well, than do a lot, with mediocre results.
- Success does not mean you’ll be happy It’s good to have goals and aim for success but do not assume just because you managed to get that degree, buy that dream car or house, get that coveted spouse, that you will now live happily ever after. Success satisfies a very small part of our existence and often momentarily. True happiness comes from self-awareness. Being in tune with your inner self, your body, mind, and Spirit.
- What you put in, is what you will get out Life has its own way or rewarding effort. Even though we’re not in full control of what happens in life, we have significant control over what happens in our personal lives. You can’t resign everything to fate. The effort you put into studying will influence your results. The investment you put in your relationships will determine if they succeed or not. What you reap is what you will sow. Master discipline and hard work in all your endeavors and sure enough, you will succeed in your pursuits.
- Change is imperative for self-improvement Routines are great for stability and building discipline. However, when obsessively followed they can lead to stagnation. Get out of your box and try out new things. You will be shocked to discover hidden talents and abilities. Change can also expose you to new opportunities.
- Struggles are a part of life No matter how religiously right you are, how law abiding, good and sincere you try to be, struggles will always come your way. Disease, emotional, physical, and psychological pain, are all part of humanity. You can’t avoid them but you can manage their impact on your life. Don’t be tempted to let life’s struggles pull you down. Remember that whatever you’re going through and feeling, others have gone through the same and come out victorious. Stay strong, inspire yourself through encouraging literature, music or even by talking it out with someone. It won’t last forever and from these struggles comes great lessons that help you face life better.
- Life is a mirror What you see in others, partly exists in you. This realization should help make you more aware of your behavior towards others, your ideals in life and what you can do to become a better person and to improve your relationships.